Living in Lagos can be addictive. People who live in Lagos love Lagos and brag about it everywhere they go.
IN spite of a research finding that Lagos is one of the most difficult places to live, Lagosians do not care. They are proud to live in Lagos. In Nigerian street Language, Lagosians “make mouth” about Lagos everywhere they go. They may even make you feel insecure about not living in Lagos when they start talking about it.
Yes, they complain about the traffic and the Chaos but they are not telling you that they want to relocate. They feel Lagos is the center of the world.
85% of Lagosians will resist any attempt to relocate/transfer them out of Lagos. That is how addictive living in Lagos can be.
However,Lagos Mail has conducted interviews and discovered that when Lagosian travels to Abuja, these five major things happen
- Eight out of every 10 Lagosians will confess to you that most times they travel to Abuja, they experience an unusual peace that make them contemplate relocating to the capital city. However, Lagos Mail found out that as soon as they touch down Lagos on return, the love for Lagos rekindles and they do away with the thought immediately until the next time they visit Abuja.
- Transport: Lagosians are more likely to spend more money on taxis in Abuja. Don’t get us wrong. Taxis are cheap in Abuja and that is exactly the problem. Lagosians board taxis at any little distance because of the price that they do not know when they spend a lot of money on taxis.
- Better High Brow- This one humbles Lagosians. The way Lagosians talk about Lekki etc,you will think it is the garden of Eden. Those places have been described by the foreign press as the world’s most expensive slum. Most people still wonder why that part of Lagos is very expensive especially during rainy seasons. That is part of making mouth. Lagosians always discover that there are more beautiful and serene residential areas in Abuja than Lagos. They will not agree shaa .
- Lagos people always think that the richest Nigerians live in Lagos. That is true but Lagosians are always surprised to see how rich people look and live in Abuja. Apart from the taxis or perhaps foodstuffs. Abuja seems to me more expensive than Lagos. In their quiet moment, they will confess that money dey Abuja shaa.
- Lagosians behave like Nigerians who live abroad. They believe that Nigerians who live in Nigeria live in Nigeria because they have not seen the opportunity to travel. The arrogance of Lagosians is usually punctured when they discover that there are people in Abuja who will never want to relocate to Lagos even at gun point. Who honestly feel that they are not missing out in anything not living in Lagos.