World Day Against Trafficking in Persons

According to a global report on trafficking in persons, almost a third of all human trafficking victims worldwide, are children. About 71 % of the total population are women and girls who are trafficked for sexual slavery. The remaining 29% being the male, are forced into hard labour.
However, one thing is common in the stories of these victims; the offer to leave the shores of the country for a better life did not come entirely from a stranger. The recruiters form a trafficking chain through which the individuals are passed on till they get to their destination where they are exposed to a life very different from what they were promised back home.
The recruiters are most times people who know the victims very well, people with the ability to clear the road of every debris and hurdle using a mere mixture of sweet words, enough to convince a young one who wants to grow and earn enough money to save his or her family from poverty.

Sometimes parents are coerced into convincing their children to embark on an assumed transformation journey which finally ends up deforming them mentally, psychologically, emotionally and sometimes physically.

Its world’s day against trafficking in persons,You too can save someone!

11 thoughts on “World Day Against Trafficking in Persons

  1. Hi there! This blog post could not be written far better!
    Reading through this article reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He always kept preaching about this. I most definitely will send
    this info to him. Confident he’ll have a very good read.

    Be grateful for sharing!

    my web-site – zipper pocket insert

  2. My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find a lot of
    your post’s to be just what I’m looking for. Do you offer guest writers to write content
    available for you? I wouldn’t mind composing a post or elaborating on a few of the subjects you write about here.

    Again, awesome website!

  3. I’ll immediately grasp your rss as I can not to find your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service.
    Do you’ve any? Please permit me realize so that I
    may just subscribe. Thanks.

  4. Wonderful work! Which is the level of information that are supposed
    to be shared across the net. Shame on Google for no longer positioning
    this set up upper! Happen over and visit my site . Thank
    you =)

    Here is my web page … EdmondZLaake

  5. Its just like you learn my thoughts! You seem to understand
    a lot approximately this, including you wrote the guide inside or something that is.
    I think that you just could use several percent to force your message
    house a little, however rather than that, that is certainly
    wonderful blog. A wonderful read. I’ll definitely return.

    my site; zipper pocket insert

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Please reload

Please Wait