The Lagos State Government has announced that a 36-year-old man died of coronavirus in the state.
The Lagos Commissioner for Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi, made the announcement via his Twitter handle on Sunday.
He said that the Nigerian died on Saturday in a private facility.
Abayomi confirmed the death as the second coronavirus fatality recorded in Lagos.
The health commissioner, also confirmed that Lagos had recorded six new COVID-19 cases.He said that another coronavirus patient had been evacuated from the state.
He tweeted, “We lost a COVID-19 patient – a 36-year-old Nigerian male who died in a private facility on the 4th of April, 2020. (The) total number of #COVID-19 patients who have died are now two.
“A case was evacuated bringing total evacuated to two.